This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non Commercial-No Derivatives 4.0 International License.
ABSTRACTING AND INDEXING SERVICES
AIMS AND SCOPE
The Journal of History and Archaeology (J Hist Arch) is designed to publish reports of original research, theoretical articles and brief communications in history and archaeology. Raising issues across disciplinary boundaries and facilitating exchange of views, this journal intends to serve as a forum of social scientists, especially those who share common interests in the understanding of various problems related to contemporary society. The journal seeks scholarly manuscripts that address one or the other aspects of the discipline of History and Archaeology along with their interfaces.
The journal seeks scholarly manuscripts that address one or the other aspects of the discipline of History and Archaeology along with their interfaces. The journal publishes basic, applied, and methodologically oriented research from all these areas. The journal publishes original papers on current research and practical programmes, short notes, news items, book reviews, reports of meetings and professional announcements. Constructive criticisms and discussions of published papers and letters of relevance and interest to the readership will be published at the discretion of the Managing Editor. The journal is committed to prompt review, and priority publication is given to manuscripts with novel or timely findings, and to manuscripts of unusual interests. The researchers are invited to submit original papers in English (papers published elsewhere or under consideration elsewhere shall not be submitted).
There shall be two issues,one volume per year (July and December).
Given below are the steps in the publication process and these may answer any concerns regarding our publishing ethics and processes. The Administrative Editor is open to answering any other queries that anyone may have.
PUBLISHING PROCESS IS DIVIDED INTO TWO PARTS
First Stage: Processing of the Paper
Second Stage: Publication and Distribution
FIrst Stage: ProcessIng of the Paper
Please address all the correspondence related to the complete processing of the paper to the Administrative Editor only
Office of the Administrative Editor,
B-2 (Ground Floor), South City II,
Gurgaon 122 018, Haryana, India
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Eminent scholars are members of the Editorial Board of the Journal. All these members have given their consent to be a Member of the Editorial Board of the journal. The brief information (that is, Name with The Present Status, Field of Specialization, Postal Address, Telephone/ Mobile Numbers) of the Members of the Editorial Boards is available on the website.
Check the lInk for
List of Members of the Editorial Board
GEOGRAPHICAL DIVERSITY OF AUTHORS
As can be checked on our website about the papers' present status and from the full text available online of the published issues of various journals, the contributors to our journals are from all over the world including regions like USA, Europe, South East Asia, Asian Countries, China and Africa.
AUTHENTICITY OF THE PUBLISHED CONTENT
1. Manuscript for Publication: The Author(s) submit manuscript via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or send it to: Administrative Editor, B-2 (Ground Floor), South City II, Gurgaon 122 018, Haryana, India.
The Author(s) prepare and submit a manuscript for publication in accordance with Instructions to Contributors, Guide for Contributors and Format to Prepare Manuscript of the journal. Manuscripts which do not fully confirm to Journal style will be returned to the Authors.
Check the lInk for
1. Instructions to Contributors
2. Guide for Contributors
3. Journal Paper Format
2. Authorization and Declaration: The authors must accept full responsibility for the content of their articles. The Members of the Editorial Board and the Publisher of the journal are not responsible for the statements and opinions expressed by the authors in their articles and write-ups published in the journal. While submitting the paper, the author(s) are required to provide a declaration about financial support, assure that there is no plagiarism, and that fraudulent data has not been used in the paper. If there is more than one author, they need to provide a statement stating that all authors have contributed to the research and that “the paper has not been published or sent for publication elsewhere”, the same research will not be published in more than one journal, and that the research is real, original and authentic work.
The authors are required to ensure that any study that involves human or animal subjects conforms to national, local and institutional laws and requirements, and they must confirm that approval has been sought and obtained where appropriate. The authors should obtain permission from human subjects and respect their privacy.
The authors must promptly notify the journal Editor if a significant error is identified in their publication. The authors must also cooperate with the editor and publisher to publish an erratum, addendum or corrigendum notice where it is deemed necessary.
The author's should maintain an accurate record of data associated with their submitted manuscript and supply or provide access to this data when requested.
3. Paper Received and Screening of the Paper: Editors act in a responsible, objective, balanced and fair way while carrying out duties. They do so without discrimination on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, ethnic or geographical origin of the authors. They handle submissions for sponsored supplements or special issues in the same way as other submissions, such that articles are considered and accepted solely on their academic merit and without commercial influence. The Editors adopt and follow reasonable procedures in the event of an ethical or conflicting nature to give authors a fair opportunity to respond to complaints. They ascertain that documentation associated with any complaints is retained.
Further, the Editors strive to meet the needs of readers and authors, constantly improve the journal, ensure the quality of the material they publish, champion freedom of expression, maintain the integrity of the academic record, preclude business needs from compromising intellectual needs, and always are willing to publish corrections, clarifications, retractions and apologies where needed.
The Editors’ decisions to accept or reject a paper for publication is based only on the paper’s importance, originality and clarity and the study’s relevance to the journal. A description of the peer review processes is published and the Editors justify any important deviation from the described process. The Editors publish guidance to authors on everything that is expected of them and are regularly updated.
Every paper, which is received for publication, is screened only (not reviewed) for its suitability for publication in a journal on the basis of,
◙ Topic of research
◙ Contents of the text
◙ Citation of recently published literature and presentation of paper as per format of the journal by the Members of the Editorial Board.
If the paper is considered for the journal than the First or the Corresponding Author is asked to complete the following formalities:
To Provide List of Referees: The authors are requested to provide the contact details of at least three potential peer reviewers or list of Referees for the paper, who may be asked to review the paper with the instructions that the Referees’ present status must be Either Senior Lecturer or Assistant Professor or Reader or Associate Professor or Professor (University / Institute) in the field of specialisation as the subject of the paper demands to whom we may request for review of the paper and the Referees should be other than the Members of Editorial Board of the Journal, who are known to the authors and aware of the research activities of their Department/Institute, but are not from their Department/ Institute). They should be experts in the field of study, who will be able to provide an objective assessment of the manuscript's quality. The paper will also be sent to others Referees for review in addition to the List of Referees provided by the Corresponding or First Author.
Authors are requested to provide the following information about the Referees:
Field of Specialization:
Name and Address of Institute/Department/University:
◙ For Developed and Developing Countries: The submission of the Paper and the Printed Issue Charges of the Journal in which the paper will be published are US$440/-. For Processing charges of each Coloured Figure/ Photograph will be US$110/- extra.
◙ SAARC Countries: The Submission Charges, US$440/- can be waived off upto 50-75% to promote and achieve. Aıms and scope of the Publisher KRE and its journals and research in the respective region and as per criteria set by the Editor, please write to the Administrative Editor (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com) for availing the benefits.
◙ For Least-Developed Countries (UN List of Least-Developed Countries): The Submission Charges, US$440/- can be waived off upto 75% or completely to promote and achieve. Aıms and scope of the Publisher KRE and its journals in the region and as per criteria set by the Editor, please write to the Administrative Editor (firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com) for availing the benefits.
Revenue /Funding Sources: Publisher is not getting any type of revenue and funding from any government and non-government agencies, institutions, commercial organization, advertising agencies etc.
4. Processing and Acceptance of a Paper: A paper is accepted and published only after the following formalities are completed (there is no time limit to publish a paper in a KRE Journal). However, minimum time for publication for most of the papers is about four to eight months.
◙ Comments from the Referees for the paper are received
◙ Revision of the Paper and Check for Language by the author completed
◙ Paper to the Editor for any further revision and approval
◙ Final Plagiarism Check
◙ Corrections of Galley Proofs by the Author received
◙ When the paper is accepted for publication, it is communicated to the author via e-mail
Check the lInk for
List of Papers – Present Status
5. Format of the Paper and Language: The Contributor is asked to check in case the paper is not as per format of the journal, then correct it to avoid delay in the processing of the paper. As most of the papers are received from the countries where English is a second language, to avoid delay in processing of the paper the contributors are advised to get the paper checked for language and italicize the local words.
6. Please Check Don’t Use:
◙ Political tone and comments on any region, race/ethnic group, religion, class, caste etc.
◙ Any copyright material (figure/tables etc.) in the paper. However, the author may write about that in the text.
THE PEER-REVIEW PROCESS
1. Review of Article: All papers and articles submitted are subjected to peer review. The possible exceptions are in the case of occasional invited papers and editorials, or where a partial or entire volume is devoted to a Special Theme. Please note that all accepted papers for this journal are subject to originality checking. To avoid potential problems, please ensure that all citations and sources are fully disclosed at the point of submission.
2. Referees for Review of Paper: The Authors are required to participate in the peer review process of a paper. Editors must ensure that any material submitted to their journal remains confidential while undergoing review. The Editors publish a guidance to referees on everything that is expected of them and this is regularly updated.
The Referees’ judgments should be objective, that is, they should have no conflict of interest with respect to the Author(s), the research and/or the research funds. The Referees should point out any relevant published work, which has not yet been cited, and reviewed articles should be treated confidentially.
This journal uses a double-blind review, which means that both the Reviewer’s and Author’s identities are concealed from the Reviewers, and vice versa, throughout the review process.
3. Peer Reviewers: The Paper is sent to the three Referees (who are specialized in the field of the topic of the Research Paper) with the Referees’ Report Form for providing his/her comments in that form (Blind Review). The Referees are requested to provide their comments within a six to eight week time period.
The List of Referees who have reviewed the Research papers of each journal is available on our website.
Check the lInk for
List of Referees (who have reviewed the papers)
For each published paper we have followed this procedure. In case anyone wants to check, we can provide him/her the Paper with Referees and Editorial Comments and List of Referees who have reviewed that paper, Revised Version of that paper, further corrections if any in the paper, galley proofs of the paper with corrections if any, and final printed version of the paper.
The Referees’ are responsible for contributing to the decision-making process and for assisting in improving the quality of the published paper. They do so by reviewing the manuscript objectively, in a timely manner. They must maintain the confidentiality of any information supplied by the editor or author, and not retain or copy the manuscript. They should be aware of any potential conflicts of interest that they might have with the paper (financial, institutional, collaborative or other relationships between the Referee and Author), and alert the Editor about these, if necessary, and thereby withdraw their services for that manuscript.
4. Paper for Revision: After receiving comments from the Referees, these are forwarded to one of the Editors to check the comments and prepare a report with the Editorial Comments. The paper with comments from the Editor is forwarded to the Office of the Administrative Editor, where Copy Editor screen the paper for format of the paper as per style of the journal and after that it is forwarded to the Corresponding Author with related documents for revision. The revision of the paper falls under four categories (Minor Revision/ Moderate Revision: No need to referee again, Acceptable after Substantial Revision: Needs to be re-referred/ Not Acceptable in the Present Form). Each Revised Paper is checked by the Copy Editor for format of the paper as per journal style, Language Editor and one of the Editors. In case there is still any problem, the Corresponding Author is asked to correct it before submitting it to the press for processing. Almost all the papers received and published so far have been revised by the Corresponding Authors.
5. Galley Proofs: The galley proofs of each paper are sent to the Corresponding Author to check and correct in case there are still some corrections. The corrected galley proofs of a paper is submitted to the proofreader and to the press. The final galley proofs again send to the Corresponding Author for his/her approval before final printing of the paper and the text is made available online.
Scholars are welcome to edit an entire Special Issue/Volume of the journal in their field of specialisation as a Guest Editor.
For details write to the Administrative Editor, B-2 (Ground Floor), South City II, Gurgaon 122 018, Haryana, India or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Check the lInk for
Submission of a manuscript implies: that the work described has not been published before (except in the form of an abstract or as part of a published lecture, or thesis) that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere; that if and when the manuscript is accepted for publication, the authors agree to automatic transfer of the copyright to the publisher or We give the rights to the Corresponding Author to make necessary changes as per the request of the journal, do the rest of the correspondence on our behalf and he/she will act as the guarantor for the manuscript on our behalf © Kamla-Raj Enterprises. Journal Author Publishing Agreements will also need to be signed by all the Authors or Corresponding Author.
AGREEMENT OF COPYRIGHT FOR AN ARTICLE
Authors are required to assign Kamla-Raj Enterprises the rights of copyright for the following Article.
Name of Author(s)
I/We hereby transfer(s), assign(s), or otherwise convey(s) all copyright ownership, including any and all rights incidental thereto, exclusively to the publisher of the journal (Kamla-Raj Enterprises, New Delhi, India).
The publisher of the journal will grant to users’ open access that is the users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author.
We give the rights to the corresponding author to make necessary changes as per the request of the journal, do the rest of the correspondence on our behalf and he/she will act as the guarantor for the manuscript on our behalf.
This agreement (and any dispute, proceeding, claim or controversy in relation to it) is subject to Indian Law.
Title and Name Printed:
Please return this Copyright Agreement Form by post or fax to the Publisher. You may e-mail a scanned copy of the signed Agreement for convenience, but please return the original signed copy by post. Please send to the following address:
Kamla-Raj Enterprises, 4771/23, 1st Floor, Mahavirshree Building, Bharat Ram Road, Darya Ganj, New Delhi 110 002, India
The Journal following self-archive policy. Authors may reuse the Abstract and Citation information (e.g. Title, Author name, Publication dates) of their article anywhere at any time including social media such as Facebook, blogs and Twitter, providing that where possible a link. Preferably the link should be, or include, the Digital Object Identifier (DOI) which can be found in the Citation information in the article online.
LETTER TO THE EDITOR
◙ The Letters to the Editor may be considered as constructive criticisms and discussions of published papers and letters of relevance and interest to the readership and will be published at the discretion of the Editor.
◙ Such Letters to the Editor should pertain only to the academic content of a paper, no personal comments about any one (Member of the Editorial Board, Author, Reviewer of a paper) will be entertained.
◙ The Administrative Editor follows all the terms and conditions listed under Instructions to Contributors strictly. Therefore, no comments are expected and/or entertained during the process of receiving, reviewing, acceptance or rejection of a research paper.
◙ Authors are asked to avoid use of political tone and comments on any region, race/ethnic group, religion, class, caste etc.
SECOND STAGE: PUBLICATION AND DISTRIBUTION
Journal is Published and Distributed by:
4771/23, 1st Floor, Mahavirshree Building,
Bharat Ram Road, Darya Ganj,
New Delhi 110 002, India
Registered in Delhi, India under no. 1815
Second Stage: Publication and Distribution
1. Publication Schedule: Information about the publication of the papers is given on the website, and a PDF copy of the printed paper is sent to the corresponding author.
2. Printed Copy to Author: A printed copy of the issue is sent either to the First Author or the Corresponding Author by the publisher.
3. Contents, Abstracts and Full Text of an Issue Online: The contents of the issue, abstract and the full text of the papers are available online (Open Access Online)
Check the lInk for
JOURNAL OF HISTORY AND ARCHAEOLOGY (JHA)
4. Distribution to the Subscriber: The Publisher distributes the journal to the subscribers of the journal.
5. Subscrıptıon Rates: The annual subscription price for twelve issues, four volumes per year for institution, libraries and other corporate bodies is US$ 130/- Rupees 4000/- (Single Issue: US $ 75/- 3000/-). Rupees prices are valid in India only. Subscription rates include postage air mail delivery.
6. Change of Address: Forward change of address about two months prior to move.
7. Missing Issue: Claims for undelivered copies will be accepted only after the following issue is received. Missing copies will be supplied when issues have been sustained in transit and where reserve stock permits.
8. Cancellatıon: Subscription cancellations will not be accepted after the first issue has been mailed.
All disputes and claims shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Delhi.